Make use of your old Jam/Coffee Jars and turn them into flower vase.
You need a good quality paint brush, a clean empty glass jar, glass paint, stickers/masking tape (optional).
A few things to note before starting: Glass paint is quite runny so you need to take care that you don’t apply it to thickly. Because it’s thin it also has a tendency to bleed under masking tape/stickers. The thinness is also why good quality brushes are better to use than cheaper coarse bristled brushes. If you use cheaper brushes you will see a lot more brush strokes in the glass paint. On the plus side you can wipe wet glass paint off with some kitchen towel or an old rag if you go wrong and depending on how intricate your image is.
So on to the vase …
1. Soak a glass jar to get all the labels off.
2. Cover your Jar with circle stickers making sure they are pressed firmly down. We decided to only put stickers on the sides and front for this vase.
3. Turn your glass upside down and paint you main colour over the exposed glass. Try not to paint the base like we did as water based glass paint will come off when it gets wet. If you do paint the base glue some felt over it when it’s dry or seal over it with a tough varnish.
4. Peel off the stickers (this needs an adult or older child as it can be tricky) carefully before the glass paint dries. Take care not to peel the paint with the sticker. You may find some glass paint has leaked under the stickers. Don’t worry as this will be covered with the next colour of glass paint.
5. Carefully fill in the circles with a different colour glass paint.
6. Add a bow around the top of the jar (we used felt scraps to make ours) and add your flowers.
I love getting presents like this from my girls!