Ghost & Bat Halloween Bunting

I love the way this simple egg box Halloween bunting turned out. So simple and effective.

Halloween Bat & Ghost Bunting

You will need …
Three egg boxes, some black and white paint, glue, glue gun if you have one or tape, scissors, string or ribbon, googly eyes and a paint brush.

1. Cut the lid and the side tab off your egg box.

Egg box

2. Take the base of the egg box and cut it into three pieces as shown in the photo. Then cut each of those pieces in half again.

Egg box half cut

3. You will be left with six pieces. Take the two end pieces and put them to one side. You will be able to make another bat from them which I will put in a separate blog post.

Egg box bat shapes

4. Trim the edges of the remaining pieces to form the ghost and bat silhouettes  Make the edges rounded for the ghost and sharp n’ pointy for the bat. You will get two of each out of each egg box.

Halloween Bunting Shapes

5. Paint the bats black and the ghosts white on both sides. Depending on the colour of your egg carton you may need to do a few coats of white paint. If you have grey egg boxes you could leave them unpainted.

I prefer to use thick poster paint as it doesn’t make the egg carton so wet and dries with a  matt finish. The white is lovely as it’s an old-fashioned white/dirty white rather than a brilliant white which works really well for this bunting.

6. When the paint is dry add the eyes. I chose to stick googly eyes on the bat and paint the ghosts face but you could googly eye both.

Halloween Bat and Ghost Eyes

7. Measure out a length of twine or ribbon and using a glue gun (you could use tape) carefully glue the twine to the back of alternate bat and ghosts. You need to glue the twine at the top or they will tip forward. Leave about half a bat/ghost sized space in between each one.

Halloween Bunting back

For extra fun you can paint a layer of ‘glow in the dark‘ paint to the ghost shape!

Halloween ghost & bat decoration

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Ghost & Bat Halloween Bunting

1. They look so effective! Great use of egg boxes too. The kids would love this :O)

2. This is fantastic love it. Thanks for joining up to the Halloween Paper Craft Linky xx

3. Super cute recycling idea!!

<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original linky party is open.

4. Pingback: Halloween Fun with The Tots 100 Bloggers | Tots 100

5. Oooh I LIKE!! You are great Egg Carton crafter, aren’t you!!! These are fabulous.

Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

6. pinkoddy says:

These are such a brilliant idea and I love how you have recycled an egg box.
    Hope you don’t mind I added you to my linky so that I don’t lose the post and because I think it’s great.

7. Traci says:

Adorable!! Visiting from My Romantic Home Linky Party ~ Have a great weekend!

8. Holli says:

You have some really great Halloween crafts. I’d love for you to share them at the Season’s Best {Halloween} Link-Up: http://www.fullhands-fullhearts.com/2012/10/seasons-best-halloween-link-up.html Thanks so much!

9. tessa says:

Hey from tessacotton! Love your creation. I would be so thrilled if you would link up to my new, halloween themed linky party, live today!

10. Tauni says:

Super clever use of the egg carton! Thanks for sharing on Show & Tell at SNAP! xoxo

11. You are a STAR today! I completely love this idea. Featuring you over at I Gotta Create!
    Thanks so much for linking up. You’ve earned a feature button & I hope you join the party again. :)
    <3 Christina

12. Carrie says:

What a wonderful idea!! I love it!! Just shared it on my Facebook page! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! Sorry for the late comment/visit!

13. Pingback: Halloween Crafts Ideas Hangout - Red Ted Art's Blog

14. Heidi says:

SO cute and easy too! Thanks for posting it on SNAP show and tell. I may just try this with my toddler:)

15. Ann says:

Lovveeee this… and I’m down to just a few eggs lol!!!

16. Pingback: Ghost & Bat Halloween Bunting | Love All Blogs