My girls are constantly ruining their school tights so I decided there must be something useful we could make them into and came up with these fantastic finger-less gloves.
This is a great up-cycling project and requires only a small bit of sewing. The best tights are thick winter woolen tights with Lycra in them.
1. Lay the tights flat-out on a table and cut the feet off. Then lay a hand down on top of the tights and mark with chalk the length you want. You need to add a couple of cm extra to the length as the ends of the gloves are rolled in to finish. Cut across in a straight line where you marked the tights on both legs.
2. Cut across in a straight line where you marked the tights on both legs. If you’re careful and depending where the damage is you should be able to get 2 pairs of finger-less gloves from 1 pair of tights.
3. Lay the hand back down on the cut tights and mark where you want the thumb to be.
4. Using sharp pointy scissors carefully cut along the thumb opening. It’s better to under cut than over cut.
5. Try the gloves on for fit and cut he thumb hole a bit longer if necessary.
6. Turn the piece of tights inside out and carefully fold in and sew the edge of the thumb hole area forming a mouth shape.
7. Fold the glove back so the seam is hidden inside. Put on the hands that need warming and roll back the ends.
Easy. And they also fit adult hands