How To Make – Pipe Cleaner Hearts

These pipe cleaner hearts are so cute and very easy to make. On top of that you can then use them for loads of projects. I used them in my first ever Google plus hangout organised by RedTedArt. It was brilliant. Do go and watch as there are so many other pipe cleaner craft ideas shown by other bloggers. You can view it here.

Pipe  Cleaner Heart Garland Heart Hair Slides

To make them you will need 25cm pipe cleaners (cit a 30cm pipe cleaner in half if you have difficulty getting 30 cm ones) and some round and star-shaped pony beads in complimentary colours. I’ve used pearl pony beads for these hearts.

I like to use traditional cotton pipe cleaners. I find the matt finish and narrow width works well with the pony bead but you could just as easily use chenille stems.

Cupcake decorations

To make them take your pipe cleaner and bend it in half, then curl the ends in to make a rough heart shape. Add a blog of glue and slip on the star pony bead through the star point.   Don’t worry about the finished heart shape until they’ve dried and your ready to use them. then it’s easy to bend them into the heart shape your after.

making Pipe cleaner hearts

Depending on what you plan to use the heart for you can make them without the glue depending on the ‘hole’ size of your pony bead and the thickness of the pipe cleaner.

The following Vlog also demonstrates how to make them.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8P_scx8B74&feature=youtu.be]

Have a look at the vlog below for details on how to make some cute cup cake decorations, hair slides and bunting using the pipe cleaner hearts.

This entry was posted in Craft Material, Pipe Cleaners/Stems, Seasonal, Valentines and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to How To Make – Pipe Cleaner Hearts

1. Pingback: Red Ted Art's Blog » Blog Archive Pipecleaner Craft Ideas » Red Ted Art's Blog

2. Pingback: Red Ted Art's Blog » Blog Archive Heart Pencil Topper - An Easy Valentine Crafts

3. knittymummy says:

When I see crafts like this I wish I had a girly girl! But my daughter likes dinosaurs

4. I particularly love love love the wands!

5. Elise says:

What a cute project. And so simple too!

6. OneMommy says:

Cute! I know my daughter would have fun doing those!

7. Thank you for the great video tute! My granddaughter watched it with me and we’re both inspired! Little Bit from http://www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

8. So cute! You could do so many different things with these hearts. Thank you!

9. Such a cute idea. Can’t wait to do these with my grand daughter. Thanks for sharing!
    Bev

10. The wands are adorable! Love how you kept them together in the middle with a bead! We made heart garland, too… and it was a bit tricky to twist them together. Thanks for sharing!

11. Tina says:

often the simplest things are the most beautiful. Nice, cute hearts. Tina

12. Thanks so much for sharing this at Make Something Mondays! I’ve featured you today! Come by and take a peek! :)

~ Sarah

13. Katie says:

Thanks for sharing your pipe cleaner ideas with us on A Crafty Soiree, I’ve featured your project in this week’s new party post. It’ll be up tomorrow at midnight EST. Please come by and see it and share some more of your craft skills!

14. Carrie says:

What a wonderful tutorial!! I love them! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

15. Oh they are so pretty. So many uses for them as well – they would look really pretty on a valentine’s card too I think.

Thanks for linking to The Sunday Showcase.

16. I love these as well, you are so clever! Thanks for linking to Science Sparks. xx

17. Pingback: Pipe Cleaner Craft Hangout | Zing Zing Tree

18. Pingback: Valentine's Day Craft Ideas - Red Ted Art's Blog

19. Pingback: Needle Felt Hearts | Zing Zing Tree

20. Pingback: Valentine's Day: Sweetie Gifts - Red Ted Art's Blog

21. Pingback: Glitter Heart Cake Toppers - Domestic GoddesqueDomestic Goddesque

22. This is so cute ! I always have pipe cleaner on hand for my day home kids. Thanks for the wonderful idea!

23. Cora says:

I’m new to crafting – what is the type of glue you used? Is it similar “tacky glue” that you find in the US? Love these cute and simple ideas!