This is such a gorgeous and stylish tissue paper hat. It can be worn for loads of occasions and kept as simple or busy as you want.
Oh, and best of all they are easy to make!
All you need is …
Three sheets of tissue paper (A2 sized sheets), ribbon/tulle to tie around the head, a stapler and some light weight paper flowers, rabbits, Easter eggs, Easter chicks etc to decorate.
1. Take your three sheets of tissue paper and lay them on top of your child’s head. You want the front of the tissue paper to push down to around eye level.
2. Next take your tulle (or ribbon) and secure it around the head over the tissue paper smoothing the tissue paper down as you go. You could use masking tape first to hold the tissue paper in place. You could use masking or deco tape as the trim itself. Don’t worry about fastening the back bow exactly until right at the end.
3. Next curl the front of the hat up over the tulle clip in place with a staple. Continue to curl the edges over and secure with a staple where necessary.
4. You will need to carefully pull the back corners together and flatten the tissue paper down again securing with a staple.
5. Tidy up the back and tighten the tulle if necessary and add you decorations. this was RaRa’s hat last year.