Lolly stick / Craft stick picture frames are brilliant. They’re relatively cheap (depending on what you decorate them with), easy to do, versatile, great for children of all ages and most importantly they look good hung on the wall. They are also great to give to friends and family as small gifts and a brilliant craft to make when you host a ‘play date’.
What You Need
- 4 lolly sticks – large or small coloured or plain (you can easily paint plain ones just do it before you glue them together)
- Decorations -pom poms, sequins, shells, leaves, paper, butterflies, pasta pretty much anything you can thing of (glitter looks wonderful but I’ll blog that in a separate post as so many people are scared of glitter and the mess but there are ways of containing it with children if you set up properly(.
- PVA (white) Glue
1. Take two lolly sticks and make a train track. Put a blob of glue at the end of each train track and glue the other two lolly sticks on top to make a square.
2. Place your decorations around your frame before you glue them in place. This way you can play with colours, shapes etc. When your happy then glue them down.
3. RoRo wanted to use some glitter glue on hers.
4. Leave to dry
5. When dry glue a piece of ribbon on the back.
6. Voila! Some rather cool looking picture frame that make gorgeous gifts.
For some more great ideas have on what to make with Lolly sticks check our gorgeous Lolly Stick Picture Easels.