With Christmas fast approaching and Rudolph-The-Red-Nosed-Reindeer being one of the most loved christmas characters these Pipe Cleaner Reindeer are the perfect christmas decoration to kick of you christmas crafting.
Requiring very few materials and no cutting or gluing (unless you make a fabric nose) they really are a top Christmas Craft.
30cm brown cotton pipe cleaners (you can use fluffy chenille but it will alter how they look)
Red pony beads for the nose (rounds, sparkly, stars)
Optional – red fabric scraps (I used felt)
1. Slide a pony bead to the centre of your pipe cleaner and gently fold the pipe cleaner in half. If using fabric scraps glue your fabric around the centre of the pipe cleaner.
2. Twist your pipe cleaner ends together about half way upas in the photo below.
3. Shape the loop of pipe cleaner not a triangular shape.
4. Pinch out and up, the top corners of the triangle to form ears.
5. Squeeze in the two bottom sides near to your nose to make the reindeer snout.
6. Bend the two bits of sticky up pipe cleaner into antler shapes.
T’dah… all done. Now you can attach some fine cotton thread or ribbon and hang them from your Christmas Tree, give them as a gift, tie them to a present or even stick them to the front of a Christmas Card.
Sometimes the the nicest Christmas decorations are the simplest and these definitely fall into that category.